[ic] Purging session/ and tmp/ - expireall, or rm?

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Fri Nov 21 18:35:05 EST 2003

ICdev [interchange.mail at virgin.net] wrote:

> I'm just wondering; if this is done *during* order processing, does IC
> (4.8.7) have some kind of error handling in the event of a partially
> read session file?

Interchange will never partially read a session file (unless you
intentionally modify or truncate it during a read), because Unix
filesystem semantics mean that deleting (unlinking) a file does not make
it go away until the last open file descriptor to it closes. So you can
delete a file while it's open and that won't affect the read at all. It
just means no other processes can open it, and after it's closed, it'll be
gone.

Jon