[ic] DifferentSecure Problem / Question

Shawn zfalcon2001 at aol.com
Mon Nov 24 03:59:29 EST 2003

 > Quoting Mike Heins
-- (Some Stuff Removed from Other Post) --
 > > #1) DifferentSecure is defined as a boolean in Config.pm.
 > > #2) There is no check to see if you have different secure defined in
 > > Dispatch.pm when it replaces the scriptname based on CGI scriptname
 > passed.
 > >
 > > Is this how DifferentSecure is suppose to be?
 >
 > Actually it is supposed to be gone -- it is not used anywhere. I think
 > Racke made some changes that were supposed to negate the need for
 > it.
 >
 > Also, we don't really support differing secure/non-secure URLs. If
 > you do it, it is best to make all ordering operations point to the
 > secure server. You are playing Russian roulette if you order to
 > the basket on the non-secure and try to check out on the secure.
 >
 > This should all be well-covered in my monthly Secure FAQ posting.

I am ordering and checking out from the secure url

 > I *assume* you are using 4.9.x, otherwise I have just wasted this
 > time. 8-)

yup. version 4.9.9

here are my changes, 1 line in Config.pm and Dispatch.pm

Config.pm
----------

480c480
<       ['DifferentSecure',      'boolean',          ''],
---
 >       ['DifferentSecure',      'yesno',            'No'],

Dispatch.pm

1017c1017
<                       $Vend::Cfg->{SecureURL} =~
s!$real!$CGI::script_name!;
---
 >                       $Vend::Cfg->{SecureURL} =~
s!$real!$CGI::script_name! unless $Vend::Cfg->{DifferentSecure};

Shawn Mathews
shawn at stuckinrealtime.us