[ic] Browser auto-login to IC site

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Wed Oct 1 22:22:03 EDT 2003

At 10:38 AM 10/2/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Maybe I am a bit off-topic here, but a user has requested the ability
>to have his Intranet (LAN) users log directly into their IC site without
>having to log in.  Our Windoze application would need to fire up IE and
>bring up a URL with the user/password as arguements (unless there was
>a less brute force method) to bypass/auto-process the login page.
>Any ideas how that could be accomplished?
>Thanks.

If you are talking about the front-end store, you can just use the
cookie-login feature that is already there (check Log in Automatically on
the login form and the cookie will be set for future logins.

On the backend, something similar could be done I'm sure, but you will have
to do some customization. I'm not sure I would recommend passing the admin
username and password as a URL query string unless you are using SSL for
the admin.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax