[ic] mod_interchange and multiple shops

Kaare Rasmussen kar at kakidata.dk
Fri Oct 3 20:31:26 EDT 2003

Hi

mod_interchange baffles me.

I would prefer mod_interchange to serve all my shops. Something like

Alias /shops /usr/local/apache/htdocs/shops
<Location /shops>
  SetHandler interchange-handler
  InterchangeServer /home/kar/interchange/etc/socket
</Location>

and then place all shops under /usr/local/apache/htdocs/shops

Should this be possible? Or do I need a interchange handler per catalog?
If it is possible, please tell me how.

If I need a handler per catalog how am I supposed to do it?

<VirtualHost ip-address>
ServerName www.domain1.tld
DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs/shops/domain1/
<Location />
  SetHandler interchange-handler
  InterchangeServer /home/kar/interchange/etc/socket
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

This works with
Catalog       cat1 /home/interchange/catalogs/cat1 /shops/domain1 /

But if I add another domain

<VirtualHost ip-address>
ServerName www.domain2.tld
DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs/shops/domain2/
<Location />
  SetHandler interchange-handler
  InterchangeServer /home/kar/interchange/etc/socket
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

it will not work for that domain. Seems that the <Location> from the first
virtual domain i still being used.

Howitzvej 75               Åben 12.00-18.00        Email: kar at kakidata.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 12.00-16.00       Web:      www.suse.dk