[ic] Importing Userdb Data

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Mon Oct 6 10:12:26 EDT 2003

Randy Olds <Rolds at esysdesign.com> wrote:
> I am trying to import data into the userdb. I have all of the fields
> named correctly and setup the same in my excel file.  I am saving
> them as a .csv file.  After, I have imported the file, I check the
> page and all of the info shows up, but all of it shows up under the
> first field and not in each separate field. Any help is greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Randy

Randy, which version are you using? 4.9.X has pretty good <help> associations
in the upper right. That link will present page specific help (if availiale).
The import page for example has a help file acessible by clicking that link.
4.8.x has this also.

from that file:

	This can be done in one of several
	formats -- TAB-delimited text, Gnumeric
	simple text, or Excel XLS workbook.

I don't think csv is supported, but I could be wrong. I know most use tab
delimited and there are no probs.

HTH
Paul