[ic] SSL Certificate , hosting , payment gateway and Merchant Account

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Tue Oct 7 14:14:13 EDT 2003

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 23:23:15 -0400, Andre Bunting wrote:

>I haven't used interchange in ages.. I am looking to get back into it...
>

>I have been reading up on SSL Certificates at Geotrust and I am unsure
>whats the best option to go for a small or medium size Interchange
>Site...
>
>I have made up my mind to go with zolotek.net they seem to be reasonable
>for 50usd a month hosting.

Very nice of you - thank you:)

>I am a bit not sure on who to choice for a payment gateway and a
>Merchant Account.
>
>Any suggest would be nice... also the Merchant account company must
>allow non-americans to have an account with them..

For your SSL cert, I would suggest that you look at comodo.net - they are
not only very cheap but their system is quick and efficient.

Merchant accounts and payment gateways: generally speaking, these are
run by separate entities but the payment gateway must be on the short list
of those approved by the merchant account provider, and your merchant
account provider will generally require you to have some sort of provable
corporate presence in the country in which the account provider operates.

In the UK, LloydsTSB are about the cheapest merchant account provider
(and their rate does not suddenly increase for other currencies), and Protx
are about cheapest and best value payment gateway. For other countries
you would need to check with your local banks. As a rule, US merchant
account providers do not allow non-americans, and all of the so-called
'agents' claiming otherwise are simply deceiving people

>Thanks in Advance..
>
>Andre

-
Cheers