[ic] Is an order E-Mail Receipt available as a CSV file?

Hostmaster hostmaster at zipp.net
Thu Oct 9 02:41:14 EDT 2003

> > goes

> >>transaction.

> >>transactions.txt,

> >>If you go in the User Interface and click the table tab which list all
the
> >>tables in IC.
> >>The customer order information is in the orderline table you can
download

> > it
> >
> >>from there.
> >

> > Thank you for the reply.  The orderline table text file is not the one I
am
> > looking for.  It does not contain the information received by the
customer
> > in an email receipt.  I have included the information from the Email
receipt
> > (names and addresses changed) to illustrate what I am looking for.  This
> > information is also available if I go into the Admin Interface, and
click on
> > "Orders", then the Order Number.  I would like to be able to find the
> > database where this specific information is stored before it is
processed
> > for Email or for the Browser.  Please see below for the information I am
> > looking for in a CSV or text file, and thanks again:
> > ------------------------------------
> > Dear Hardware, Inc. customer,
> >
> > Thank you for your order #0117. It is being electronically processed.
> >
> > Name: Walter Peterson
> > Company: CS Productions
> > Email address: walt at empire.com
> >
> > Address: One North Main
> > City, State, Zip: Los Angeles, Utah  90038
> > Country: US
> >
> > Payment Method: Credit Card (visa)
> > Shipping Method: UPS Ground Commercial
> >
> > Daytime Phone: 323-555-1212
> > Evening Phone:
> >

> > Quan  Item No.    Description                            Price
> > Extension
>
> ---- ----------- ------------------------------- ---------- --------------
--
> > ----
> >   1  3249-0400-1  "LEFT HANDED PLIARS"         $12.50
> > $12.50
> >      00000
> >
> >   1  3202-0300-1 "JIG SAW BLADE"              $8.90
> > $8.90
> >      00000       GALV"
> >

> >                                                  SUBTOTAL
> > $21.40
> >                                                  SALES TAX
> > $1.41
> >                                                  SHIPPING
> > $0.00
> >
> >                                                  ORDER TOTAL
> > $22.81
> >
> > Should you have a question about your order, or about other Hardware,
Inc.

http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/interchange/extensions/quickbooks/

> If itf format is not what you are looking for, you can use the module as
> your basis to customize to fit your needs.
>
> HTH,
> Dorothy

Hi Dorothy,
Thanks for the explanation.  If I understand what you are telling me here,
then what I am looking for does not actually exits in one place as one file.

The reason for my search:  My client receives an order by Email, but has to
re-key it for his accounting program, which is not Quick Books, Peachtree,
or any of the more well-known accounting packages.  However, it is one of
the most powerful accounting programs available for companies his size,
created for companies with an average of 200 employees.

The company accountant told my client that if my client could download the
order information from Interchange (the same info that is sent with the
Email confirmation) in a comma delimited file, the accountant could create a
method for importing the order information directly into the accounting
program, thereby eliminating my client's need to re-key the order from the
Email into the Accounting Software.

As it seems from all the helpful suggestions I've gotten here, the goal of
importing from Interchange into the accounting software via an comma
delimited file exported from Interchange may not be possible.  In which case
I will seek other solutions.

Many thanks for the guidance,
Michael G.