[ic] scratch values and usertags question

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Thu Oct 9 13:42:44 EDT 2003

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Matthew Crosswell wrote:

> > Perhaps I am misunderstanding your intent, but is there any reason you
> > are not using the [log] tag without the interpolate=1 parameter to
> > accomplish this?
>
> The log tag seems to open in append mode, which is logical for doing
> errors etc, but I need to overwrite the file each time.

That is just the default. If you want to overwrite the file, you can
either do:

[log file="blah" create=1]

or:

[log file=">blah"]

They're equivalent.

The "process" option, if set to "nostrip", will cause the log tag to
refrain from stripping out newlines and leading and trailing whitespace.

You can see this all yourself by looking at the code for "sub log" in
Vend::Interpolate.

Jon