[ic] More Very wierd stuff on demo site using latest IE

Nathaniel Scott groups at thecyberimage.com
Thu Oct 9 11:56:12 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "DB" <DB at M-and-D.com>
To: <interchange-users at icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 10:03 AM
Subject: [ic] More Very wierd stuff on demo site using latest IE

> > Ed LaFrance wrote:

> >> Can't verify any of your troubles, using Win 2K SP4 and IE
> >> 6.0.2800.1106. I'd suggest that you may want to run some diagnostics on
> >> your system.
> >>
> >> - Ed
> >>

> > I haven't been able to recreate the weirdness either, but I have had
> > several customers reporting these problems. I haven't been able to trace
> > it down, but I think it has something to do with Javascript and the new
> > vs. old paymennt types.
> > ---
> > Dorothy
>
> Here at work things appear normal... and I have almost an identical
> setup here as I do at home. If I can come up with anything repeatable I
> will post details.

I don't know if this is your problem or not, but I've seen a similar
problem.  It ended up being the Discussions toolbar in Windows XP's IE6 that
caused the problem.  When we disabled the toolbar we could use the
JavaScript checkout again.   Go to View -> Explorer Bars -> Discuss.  I know
it happened to us on IC 4.9.8, but I didn't try testing it against old older
build.

I tried to duplicate the same thing with Win2k & IE6, but the discussion bar
started asking about servers, etc.   In XP it just enabled itself and caused
the problems.

Nathaniel Scott
The Cyber Image
http://www.thecyberimage.com