[ic] Re: Adding non-taxable OnFly objects to cart

David Schnardthorst daves at wavesco.com
Thu Oct 9 23:06:29 EDT 2003

I have been able to add OnFly items to a shopping cart, for the purpose of
allowing our customers to pay invoices online.  The problem is that the
OnFly item is getting sales tax tacked on during the checkout process.  I
have tried the following code:

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--

function update_mv_order_fly() {
  document.payments.mv_order_fly.value = "description=Payment for invoice(s)
" + document.payments.invoice_numbers.value + "|price=" +
document.payments.payment_amount.value + "|nontaxable=1";
}

// -->
</script>
will
        be securely processed through PayPal.</p>

   <FORM NAME=payments ACTION="http://<URL>/ord/basket" METHOD=POST>
          <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_action VALUE="refresh">
          <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_order_item VALUE="WEBPAY">
          <INPUT TYPE=hidden SIZE=2 NAME=mv_order_quantity VALUE="1">
          <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_nontaxable VALUE="1">
          <INPUT NAME=invoice_numbers onChange=update_mv_order_fly()>
          <BR>
          Payment Amount
          <INPUT NAME=payment_amount onChange=update_mv_order_fly()>
          <BR>
          <INPUT NAME=mv_order_fly VALUE="description=Invoice Web
Payment|price=0">
          <BR>
          <INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE="Submit">
        </FORM>

As you can see I have the nontaxable=1 in the description.  I have also
tried setting a variable of mv_nontaxable to 1 as well (again still in the
code).  Does anybody have something like this that is working, or can you
provide some thoughts on how to make it work?

Thank you,

David J. Schnardthorst
Waves Corporation
Phone: 314.974.0932 / Fax: 636.922.9373