[ic] required checked checkbox in checkout

Xavier GILLET xavier.gillet.perso at wanadoo.fr
Mon Oct 13 12:18:00 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jürgen R. Plasser" <plasser at hexagon.at>
To: <interchange-users at icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 10:36 AM
Subject: [ic] required checked checkbox in checkout

> Hi all,
>
> I have some simple question but I can't figure out how to manage it.
>
> I want the customer (when checking out) to check a checkbox for agreeing
> the general terms and conditions which must be checked (required) to
> checkout. I have done some entries in the etc/profiles.order file (as
> described in the docs) but that only works for all other fields (text,
> select, ...) not for checkboxes (?).
>
> Is there a way to tell the system to check if a checkbox is checked?
>
> I have tried to use a javascript (what I don't prefer at all) but stumbled
> on the place-order-[button]-tag , where I did not know how to incorporate
> an onClick javascript (the button tag itself creates an onClick; "extra"
> attribute works but then the default onClick is not working):
>
> [button
> name="mv_click"
> src="__IMAGE_DIR__/__THEME__/placeorder.gif"
> text="Place Order"
> hidetext=1
> form=checkout
> ]
>
> thanks for help,
> Jürgen

[set cdv]
         cdv=required
         &fatal=yes
         &final=no
[/set]
<form action="[process]" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="mv_todo" value="submit">
<input type="hidden" name="mv_order_profile" value="cdv">
<input type="hidden" name="mv_failpage" value="@@MV_PAGE@@">
<input type="hidden" name="mv_successpage" value="next_page">
[if type=explicit compare="[error all=1 show_var=0 keep=1]"]
<b><font color="red">** You did not accept general terms and conditions
**</b></font>
[/if]
name=cdv set='']</td>
</form>