[ic] Basket empty on checkout with Netscape 7.1

David Etheredge cpu.dave at att.net
Wed Oct 15 00:47:59 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: David Etheredge
To: David Etheredge
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 11:16 PM
Subject: [ic] Basket empty on checkout with Netscape 7.1

Well, I took a moment to take a peek at your site, and I see that your
secure URL is www.paradevices.com, while your regular http url just
paradevices.com (no www). I believe this is enough of a difference for
interchange to determine that these two calls should be separate sessions,
hence the loss of the cart content. The easiest answer is to reconfigure
your catalog to use www.paradevices.com for both SSL and non-SSL.

WRT the basket page's checkout button not working the first time around: if
it works in some browsers but no others, it is possible that the code may
need to be tweaked.

- Ed L.

Thanks to all of you who helped. Ed got it right here and so did Mike H. It
was the mismatch between secure server and http server settings.
A minor difference in some ways, major in others.

Sometimes it is hard to see the forest with all of the trees in the way.

Dave