[ic] include-like tag that parses before loop tags?

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Thu Oct 16 10:14:36 EDT 2003

At 04:55 PM 10/15/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Is there a tag that functions similarly to [include] that is parsed before
>loop tags?  This would enable loop tags in the include file to be parsed
>after the file is "included".
>
>- Grant

Grant -

Can't put my hands on the documentation of interpolation order, but catalog
and global variables are parsed before [prefix-*] lists, so one thing you
could do is put the contents of the file into a catalog variable:

Variable MYSTUFF <<EOV
.... (ITL here)
EOV

...then you can just call it on the page in the normal manner:

[loop arg="foo bar"]
         __MYSTUFF__
[/loop]

- Ed L.

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax