[ic] Urgent - SSL problems - Orders Failing

John Young john_young at sonic.net
Thu Oct 16 12:46:08 EDT 2003

Andrew Rich wrote:

>>This customer made it to the checkout but couldn't place the order.
>>
>>I use IE 6.0.28 and is fine also with me.
>>
>>There is a test (foundation) site at
>>www.mapsdownunder.com.au/cgi-bin/foundation
>

>  By the way there is no online credit card processing.  We have our own
> merchant facility.  test value of 4111111111111111 for credit card number is
> fine.
>
> Thanks DB for the test.  It obviously worked ok.
>
> I think the issue is related to IE more so than Mozilla.
>
> Has anyone tried the following in the httpd.conf
>
> SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP

Yes, on a few low traffic machines.  No problems of which I am aware.
I believe that is one of the 'recommended' SSLCipherSuite configurations.

Sure you weren't temporarily resource-deprived, such as out of memory
or something of that nature?  Anything interesting in the SSL logs?

Good luck,
John Young