[ic] Sales tax not adjusted properly

Interchange User interchange at framework.cx
Sun Oct 19 11:14:35 EDT 2003

Using IC 4.8.7 RPM

I have the following in my variable.txt:

TAXRATE VT=6.0  Tax
TAXAREA VT      Tax

I recently changed this variable from 5.0 to 6.0 when our sales tax
went up.  When on the checkout page, I get a JavaScript pop-up saying
I'll be charged the equivalent of 6% of my purchase in sales tax.  But
when I recalculate, it figures 5% of the total, not 6%.  I do not see
any hardcoded ".05" or "5.0" references in the checkout page itself,
just calls to [fly-tax] (in the JavaScript validation block, which
seems to work) and [salestax] (which appears to be calculating 5%).

I changed this on two of my sites via the Admin interface.  It worked
fine on one, but I have this problem on the other.

Any advice on what I should look for (and where I should look) would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter