[ic] Patch to Session.pm to Allow SessionDefault ala ScratchDefault and ValuesDefault

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Sun Oct 19 11:14:39 EDT 2003

Quoting shawn at stuckinrealtime.us (shawn at stuckinrealtime.us):
> Hi All,
>
> I needed to set a default value for the session source and found that
> there was no way to do this, so I added a Directive in Interchange.cfg
> and changed Session.pm.
>
> I made it so it skips things that interchange has already defined and
> only addes new entries.
>
> I would appreciate any/all questions and comments, and maybe some idea
> of why this isn't a standard interchange feature. i.e. Is this a bad
> idea? Is there another way to do this, that I was too blind to see in
> the docs?

There is no other way to do it except via Autoload or some other
routine called as a result of a page transaction.

I can tell you that in the 8 years this session method has been around,
no one has expressed the need before.

As for setting a default source, it would seem to me to be better
done in whatever code you are using that with.

	$Session->{source} ||= 'mydefault';

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike at perusion.com>

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in
overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Edison