[ic] Missing Order Information

Hostmaster hostmaster at zipp.net
Tue Oct 21 12:47:57 EDT 2003

> Hostmaster wrote:
> > Hello List Members,
> > I received an Email from a customer who wanted to add to an order he
made in
> > September.  When I looked at the order in the Admin section, the fields
for
> > Company, Home phone, Work phone, Email,  and Payment type were correctly
> > filled in.
> >
> > But in the actual order section of the page, the fields for Status,
Name,
> > SKU, Qty, Each, and Discount were blank.  Only the Total field was
filled
> > in.
> >
> > So I checked every single order in the database - there are 31 of them.
All
> > of them had the same information missing.  The only way I could
determine
> > what the customer actually ordered was by going in to my accounting
> > software.
> >
> > Any ideas why these order pages in the Admin Section are missing the
order
> > information?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Michael G.
>
> Check the orderline and transaction tables and confirm that the
> usernames for the orders are included.  Once you cross reference the
> usernames with these tables, the info in the admin will be correct.
> ---
> Dorothy

Thank you for the response Dorothy.
When checking transactions in the Admin UI, I see the following fields
displayed:
code store_id
order_number
session
username
shipmode
nitems
subtotal
shipping
handling
salestax
total_cost
fname
lname
company
address1
address2
city
state
zip
country
phone_day
 phone_night
fax
email
Plus about a dozen more.

When checking orderline in the Admin UI, I see the following fields
displayed:
code
sku
description
price
quantity
subtotal
But no username.  Is getting the username "cross referenced" between these
two tables just a simple matter of going to the "Orderline" table in the
Admin UI, then >Select for table edit: orderline >Spreadsheet page >Fields
for textarea display >then add a checkmark to the form checkbox for
"username"?

As I see at "Fields for textarea display", they are all blank.
Most gratefully,
Michael G.