[ic] Is PGP necessary if using SSL?

Hostmaster hostmaster at zipp.net
Sun Oct 26 10:34:16 EST 2003

Hello list members,
I've built some catalogs for people who wanted to process credit card orders
offline.  So I setup PGP encryption for the catalog so the credit card
numbers are encrypted in the Emails sent to the Client after an order is
placed.

Now I'm building a catalog in which the client wants to use AuthorizeNet.
He's opened an account with them.

I've added a secure certificate to the client's domain (GeoTrust through
Rackshack.net: http://www.ev1servers.net/english/quickssldetails.asp - $25).

My question:  do I still need to install PGP encryption for my client's
catalog if he will no longer need to decrypt credit card orders sent by
Email?  This is new for me, and I am only guessing that PGP might conflict
with AuthorizeNet when the order is placed.

Best regards,
Michael G.