[ic] Disabling CreditCardAuto

Eon Productions eonprod at eonprod.com
Mon Oct 27 23:40:22 EST 2003

> I read somewhere on that I could disable encryption by inserting the line
> "CreditCardAuto        No" into the catalog.cfg file.  Well I did it and
> corrupted pretty much the whole shopping cart.  Is there some
> other way (an
> idiot proof way) to accomplish disabling credit card encryption
> where I can
> view the card info in my e-mail when I get orders?

I don't think you're going to have any luck making that happen.  This
subject comes up every once in a while and the conclusion is always "just
don't do it".  It's been hinted that there is a way to make it happen, but I
get the feeling it's a lot more involved than changing a directive.

- Grant

OK.  So I decided to just try it the way it's set up.  I've downloaded and
installed the PGP FW program and now when I send a test order to see if the
credit card info will decrypt, I get the same thing as before when I didn't
have the program at all.  The order I get in my e-mail says, "Credit Card
Info: NEED ENCRYPTION KEY POINTER."  The plug ins for Outlook seem to be
working.  When I try to decrypt the credit card info when I'm logged into
the admin section of Interchange I get "No PGP info was found".
Anybody got any answers I can use on this?
Please help...I thought this was going to be an easy set up, but now I'm 15
days behind schedule.
-Brett