[ic] Receipt.html and URL Parameters

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Tue Oct 28 09:33:57 EST 2003

At 05:17 PM 10/27/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>A client of ours has enrolled in a real-time statistics engine that supports
>ecommerce transactions. So far we have been able to implement many of their
>coding requests for this tracking system.
>
>Part of the system tracking uses the URL. Specifically they want a URL for
>the Interchange Receipt page. This page is served up under the Process.html
>name after the credit card transaction.
>
>Because the Process.html URL is not unique to the Receipt page, it is
>messing up their stats.
>
>I was thinking passing a URL parameter so that the URL parse would be unique
>(something like ...../process.html?finished=1). However, I can't figure out
>how to do it.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas how I might pass a URL parameter to/through the
>process.html?
>
>Or perhaps I am looking at this the wrong way. Is there another way I could
>approach this so that they can get a unique URL instead of Process.html?

>Gary Norton
>broadGap Technologies

Gary -

You really did not give enough info for anyone to be able to postulate a
solution to your problem - there are dozens of ways these kinds of programs
do their thing, and without providing the specifics of yours, you've left
people to guess. This is probably why you have not received an answer. I
could think of many different ways something like this might work. Why
don't you give your question another try, with some specific info as to the
mechanics of your portion of the tracking system.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax