[ic] Permission's + Catalog Migration

Sam Batschelet batschelet at exactasphere.com
Wed Oct 29 12:01:48 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Young" <john_young at sonic.net>
To: <interchange-users at icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 4:12 AM
Subject: Re: [ic] Permission's + Catalog Migration

> Sam Batschelet wrote:
>
> >>is unavailable... on all the migrated catalogs.  So obviosly there is a
> >>permissions error but what would be the cause, because of the change in
IP
> >>and domain as well as ownership config is it possible that the cgi file
is
> >>not compatible with this new setup?  Its a long shot but I'm really
lost.
> >>Any help would be great.
> >

> > Ok I did a little more looking around in the cgi file and I saw a
reference
> > to /var/run/interchange/socket which is not setup on the new server.
How
> > would I fix that call and would that be the cause?
>

> Shooting from the hip, here, you can probably do any of the following:
> * Recompile your CGI link program
> * Use the SocketFile directive in your global config file
> * Start interchange using the command-line option
SocketFile=/path/to/socket
> * Use symbolic links (this would be kinda lame).
> * Scrap the whole CGI nonsense and use mod_interchange (highest
> 'coolness' factor).
>

> HTH,
> John Young

John this is exactly what I needed thanks for the info.  Now if you could
excuse my lack of knowledge in the mod_interchange area I think that
recompiling my cgi would be the best way to go.  Just because I have the
rest of the catalogs running on cgi but mod_interchange is very interesting
I will look into this further.  What I didn't realize is that I could just
copy and rename of one of my demo foundation cgi files to the catalog name
in this example "cat".  Don't for get the permissions chmod g+s, u+s and it
works.  Thanks again John and Stefan for the help.

Regards,
Sam