[ic] SIMPLE SQL-QUERY

halloween-shop at gmx.net halloween-shop at gmx.net
Thu Oct 30 20:06:32 EST 2003

Hi everybody,

i am using ic 4.87 and have encountered a simple problem,
which i can't seem to solve, it's ridiculous ... maybe it's time for a break

i have a prod_group column (FORD, BMW, PONTIAC ...) and a category (new,
used, wreck ...) column
all I want to show using SQL is

FORD    new(5)    used(2)
BMW wreck(1)
PONTIAC used(5) wreck(9)

I have tried using 'Group by' and 'Count' but I don't get it right, because
if I group them by prod_group,
i can't get to the category, and the other way around ??

any ideas,
a link to a similar question (and answer) would be great too, since i don't
know what exactely to look for in the forum ...

regards

Steve