[ic] admin permissions

Paul Vinciguerra pvinci at vinciguerra.com
Mon Sep 8 02:15:35 EDT 2003

I'm somewhat confused about how IC determines whether or not a tab gets
displayed in the admin.  I created a user that could only access four tables
and set up the permissions.  When logged in as that user, only the tables tab
displays, this is good.

Upon clicking the tab, the list of accessable tables displays. This is good.

Upon clicking on a tablename, I enter the table editor with all the tabs-
edit-Import-Export-Spreadsheet-Search/Replace-DirectSQL-New Entry-Reselect Table
even though the user does not have access to the enderlying pages.

Selecting one of those tabs yields a message:
 The following error occurred:
Sorry, no permission for page 'super'. Please correct and try again.

I would like to find a way to extend the "display only if I have the
underlying permissions" functionality to the lower level tabs in the menu.

Thanks,

-Paul