[ic] IC/eBay API integration -> impending donation

Dan Browning db at kavod.com
Mon Sep 15 23:07:19 EDT 2003

* Grant <listbox at email.com> [2003-09-15 13:47]:

> > > So, if anyone can help me with the three things I'm stuck on I'd greatly
> > > appreciate it.  Here they are:
> >
> > Perhaps some quickie-advice will help...
> >
> > > 1. nested subs in a UserTag
> >
> > Is it that important that they be nested?
> >

> > Usertag bob Routine <<EOR
> >
> > sub a
> > {
> > 	return "a";
> > }
> >
> > sub
> > {
> > 	return a();
> > }
> > EOR
>
> I've rearranged the parsexml UserTag and now the only errors I get at
> restart say 'Variable "$tag" will not stay shared' at lines referring to
> where the $tag variable is located in the DefaultHandler sub.  It sounds
> like there must be a simple solution, but I just don't know enough about
> Perl to find it.  Here's the rearranged tag:

[snip big usertag]

It would be nice if you reduced the usertag to the smallest version possible
that reproduces the problem.  That way, people can help you without copying,
pasting, compiling, etc.

--
Dan Browning, Kavod Technologies, <db at kavod.com> 360.843.4074x217
6700 NE 162nd Ave, Ste 611-210, Vancouver, WA.    Random Fortune: