[ic] Usertrack

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Wed Sep 17 08:42:11 EDT 2003

At 09:09 AM 9/17/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Is anyone downloading this file and using the data contained in the
>usertrack?  I want to view this information, but I do not have permissions
>to ftp the file to my local PC.  It seems like there should be valuable
>data in this file.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Terral

UserTrack is used by the Reports area of the Admin in interchange 4.8.x. In
4.9 the Reports appear to have been disabled, though I imagine the
capability is still there.

UserTrack was/is used to provide basic stats on catalog visits and page
views, cart loads and orders placed. If you have a broadband connection,
you should be able to use the File Download tool in Interchange to grab a
copy via http and take a look. Like most things in interchange, it's a demo
of what can be done; most of my clients who have specific reporting needs
have heavily modified this function, or replaced it altogether.

- Ed

463 Main St., Suite D         eCommerce | Consulting | Hosting
Placerville, CA  95667        edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (530) 622-9426 Fax