[ic] Price caching problem

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Mon Sep 22 08:52:01 EDT 2003

At 10:01 AM 9/22/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello together,
>
>in one of our shops we've a problem what seems like price caching.
>
>If you visit the shop as customer an watch an item-price, than logged in as
>trader/dealer (prices of customer and trader are not the same) and view that
>same item again, and do this (login => watch the price, logout => watch the
>price) many times in one session, the trader suddendly see the prices of the
>customer.
>
>My first idea was that the CommonAdjust rule was not correct, because in the
>trader profile the main CommonAdjust will be overlayed. So I thought that
>the rule won't be overlayed. But a look in the IC-variables, make clear that
>this was not the reason for that problem because the right CommonAdjust was
>loaded.
>The second idea I'd was, that after so many responses the ic-client had
>began to cache the price, so that it had not to make many sql-connections.
>But this are only ideas.
>
>So if I'm right and it's the cache of the ic-client, how can I clear it so
>that IC take the prices from the database?
>
>If anyone of you have had the same problem, how did you fix it?
>
>Thanks for your help!
>
>Greetings and regards,
>
>Lars

Though I can't explain it, it probably has something to do with the way
that scratch variables are set in the session, which indicated whether the
currently logged user is a regular customer or dealer.

Since this is all in the context of a single session, I sincerely doubt
that this is a real problem which will affect actual customers and dealers,
whom will be using separate computers from separate locations and will not
switch back and forth between customer and dealer accounts as you did in
your test, correct?

There are a few 'bugs' like this in the foundation store, which do not
apply to real world usage. Try your test again, but this time close your
browser in between switching from customer to dealer. You will probably
find that the 'price caching' does not repeat...

- Ed L.

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax