[ic] Verisign -- please vote with your feet!

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Tue Sep 30 08:42:55 EDT 2003

At 03:10 PM 9/30/2003 +0800, you wrote:

> > NetBilling. These are

> > I haven't

> > certificates for
> > less than

> > > I actually moved away from the Verisign group of ruined
> > companies back
> > > when they bought out Network Solutions, over a couple of years ago,
> > > and I began to receive what has to qualify as the most abysmal
> > > customer non-service ever. I saw the light then. I've moved
> > nearly all
> > > my domain registrations to godaddy.com, whom I would recommend to
> > > anyone, and I never suggest that a customer purchase a
> > verisign cert
> > > or get a Payflow Pro account.
> > >
> > > I have several clients using the Comodo SSL certificate and they are
> > > quite happy with it; the geotrust QuickSSL product
> > (geotrust.com) is
> > > also quite good, and they have a 10-minute fully automated approval
> > > process, which is handy when you gotta have it right now.
> > >

> > I really like GeoTrust. Very fast, very cheap. $25 from Rackshack.net.
> >
> > Josh
> >

>So do I. the best part is how they're not terribly stringent with regards to
>the details you enter. I've typed in all SORTS of crap, and a few minutes
>later, I have my cert. it's great!

Hmmm - that sure sounded sarcastic. True, they don't make you sign and fax
documents to their office, but I think they do a reasonable job of
verifying that you had administrative control of the domain name, and
(whenever possible) that you are the registrant, or a representative of the
same.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax