[ic] Assistance Requested mv_order_group And 'mv_mi' => undef

interchange at ericsmall.com interchange at ericsmall.com
Fri Apr 2 13:38:22 EST 2004

Hello, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction on this issue.

I am trying to use the "Order Groups" functionality described in the E-Commerce Function manual section 1.5, but it isn't working the way I was expecting.  I had originally started by attempting to use order grouping with the main item being an order_fly, but that didn't work so I tried this simple example and found that it was resulting in the same problem.

This is my test form
<FORM ACTION="[process-target]" METHOD=POST>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_todo VALUE=refresh>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_order_group VALUE="1">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_order_item VALUE="3043-03-113-000">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_order_item VALUE="3043-03-114-000">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_order_item VALUE="3043-03-107-000">
<INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE="Test Group Order"></FORM>

The form submits without errors and the shopping cart shows the three items, but the items don't appear to be grouped. Removing the main item (3043-03-113-000) from the cart doesn't remove the sub items.  All three items exist in the products table.  A cart dump returns the following:

###### SESSION (carts) #####
{
  'main' => [
    {
      'mv_sku' => undef,
      'price_group' => '',
      'mv_mp' => undef,
      'code' => '3043-03-113-000',
      'gift_cert' => '',
      'mv_si' => 0,
      'mv_ip' => 0,
      'mv_mi' => '1',
      'mv_ib' => 'products',
      'option_type' => '',
      'quantity' => 1
    },
    {
      'mv_sku' => undef,
      'price_group' => '',
      'mv_mp' => undef,
      'code' => '3043-03-114-000',
      'gift_cert' => '',
      'mv_si' => 0,
      'mv_ip' => 1,
      'mv_mi' => undef,
      'mv_ib' => 'products',
      'option_type' => '',
      'quantity' => 1
    },
    {
      'mv_sku' => undef,
      'price_group' => '',
      'mv_mp' => undef,
      'code' => '3043-03-107-000',
      'gift_cert' => '',
      'mv_si' => 1,
      'mv_ip' => 2,
      'mv_mi' => undef,
      'mv_ib' => 'products',
      'option_type' => '',
      'quantity' => 1
    }
  ]
}

###### END SESSION    #####

Notice the first item has mv_mi set, but the rest of the items in the group have mv_mi set to undef.  The mv_si subitem status appears to be getting set for each item, but the group status is left as undefined.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.  Are there any configuration parameters that must be set in catalog.cfg to enable order grouping?  Any help would be appreciated.

Running Interchange 5.0.1 on Debian 3.0r2 with perl 5.6.1and PostgreSQL 7.4.1

Thanks,
Eric