[ic] Assistance Requested mv_order_group And 'mv_mi' => undef

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Tue Apr 6 16:18:53 EDT 2004

Quoting interchange at ericsmall.com (interchange at ericsmall.com):
> Quoting Mike Heins
> > You need to have an order group setting for each item -- that allows
> > you to create more than one order group per form.
>
> Thanks, that worked perfectly.  As a note the example given in the
> documentation uses a single mv_order_group tag to group two items.
>
> I noticed that the default cart doesn't really do anything special with product
> groups.  I don't want shoppers to changes the quantities of sub items.  To that
> end I've managed to change the cart component behavior, disabling the quantity
> input boxes for sub items.  However, if the quantity of the group master is
> changed the quantities of the sub items remains the same.  Where would I look
> to change that behavior?  I would like to make the cart increase the quantities
> in relation to the quantity of the group master item.

This is just a custom UserTag or sub to be called prior to listing the
cart. Over time I have posted many examples of routines which iterate
over the $Items array and change item parameters.

It is easy to make this the default with a special tag, or just by:

[item-list comment="[munge-cart]"]
[item-param foo]
[/item-list]

Any competetent IC consultant should be able to get this going in no time.
Or if you are good at Perl, you can find one of the many examples
of manipulating $Items that exist.

--
Mike Heins

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown