[ic] Trouble with coordinated search to test for inactive

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Wed Apr 7 14:17:40 EDT 2004

Ron Phipps [rphipps at reliant-solutions.com] wrote:
>> From: Stefan Hornburg
>>
>> On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 20:57:45 -0700
>> "Ron Phipps" <rphipps at reliant-solutions.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have the following fields in my products table:
>>>
>>> sku
>>> title
>>> short_description
>>> long_description
>>> import_inactive
>>> user_inactive
>>>
>>> A user would like to search by keyword for the value 'test'.  I
>>> would like to show all products where import_inactive = 0 and
>>> user_inactive = 0 and either sku, title, short_description or
>>> long_description contain "test".  I've tried several different
>>> search strings, but have yet to come up with one which satisfies
>>> all of these requirements.  Any ideas?
>>
>> co=1
>> sf=import_inactive
>> se=0
>> op===
>> sf=user_inactive
>> se=0
>> op===
>> lf=sku
>> ls=%test
>> lf=title
>> ls=%test
>>
>> Untested, please watch your SQL logfile for the search statement.
>>
>> Bye
>> 	Racke
>
> Hi Racke,
>
> Thanks for the pointers.  I gave your code a try and came up with the
> same thing as my other tests.  The resulting query is WHERE
> import_inactive = 0 AND user_inactive=0 AND sku like 'test%' AND title
> like 'test%'.  This fails because both sku and title do not contain
> that string.  Is it possible to set os (mv_orsearch) for only part of
> the search (between the like tests)?  I'm thinking my best bet may be
> to just use query for this search page...
>
> Thanks,
> -Ron

I went down this path a while ago:

http://www.icdevgroup.org/archive/interchange-users/2002/msg09270.html

I ended up using a mysql query. If your worried about the text portion of the
search, mysql 4.0 is said to be better with them, I do not know about yak
postgres.

Otherwise you could probably do it with two searches. To bad you could not link
itl searches. i.e., find this, then find this within that, then find this
within that. You could of course manually :)

Paul