[ic] rewriterules

Ron Phipps rphipps at reliant-solutions.com
Fri Apr 9 21:00:05 EDT 2004

> From: interchange-users-bounces at icdevgroup.org
[mailto:interchange-users-
> bounces at icdevgroup.org] On Behalf Of Aftermarket Cellular
>
> Hi,
>
> My category pages are dynamically generated with unbearably long urls.
For
> example a page for category "AUDIOVOX" would be
> http://aftermarketcellular.com/~aftermar/cgi-
> bin/cart.cgi/scan/fi=cat/sp=pcs

_results_area.html/st=db/co=yes/sf=sel/se=AUDIOVOX/tf=description/ml=12/
va
> =b
> anner_image=/va=banner_text=.html
>
> Is there any way to use rewriterules to make this url look like
> http://aftermarketcellular.com/AUDIOVOX.html? Basically I want to take
> everything before and after the word AUDIOVOX and delete it. I am just
> starting to understand rewriterules but could not find any information
for
> this example in the Apache documentation. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated. I am using Interchange 4.8.6.
>
> Thank you
> Bill Fiore
> AftermarketCellular.com

Without rewriterules you could get the url down to something like this:

http://aftermarketcellular.com/~aftermar/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/scan/sp=catego
ry/se=AUDIOVOX.html

With the use of mod_interchange that could be reduced to:

http://aftermarketcellular.com/scan/sp=category/se=AUDIOVOX.html

Look into the "sp" or "mv_profile" setting to store all the search
parameters in a file.

To go further you may need to write an ActionMap to translate
"AUDIOVOX.html" into the correct search.

-Ron