[ic] Unrecognized character \x7F

Rodney S. Foley aalst at aalst.com
Mon Apr 12 19:41:41 EDT 2004

I am new to Interchange, and I am trying to configure and install my first
copy on my Hosts server.  I get the following error message when I run
./configure:

Unrecognized character \x7FCompilation failed in require at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/AutoLoader.pm line 92.
 at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/Getopt/Long.pm line 142
Compilation failed in require at Makefile.PL line 820.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 820.
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `test'.  Stop.

My ISP has been trying to help, they checked there AutoLoader.PM and
Long.PM.  They even reinstalled AutoLoader.PM.  They are using Perl 5.6.1.
After they reinstalled AutoLoader.pm only the line number changed but the
error stated the same.  I am not not sure where to go from here.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sincerely,

Rodney