[ic] [area] or [page] problems

Christopher Wenham cwenham at synesmedia.com
Tue Apr 13 14:07:56 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 13 April 2004 13:11, Jeannie Stevenson wrote:
> I'm having trouble, I have data in postgres SQL database, the products
> table contains data which include a hyperlink to another page. I've tried
> [page bonus]bonus programs[/page] and I've tried <A href="[area
> bonus]">bonus programs</A> and other variations according to the docs but I
> haven't been able to get this hyperlink to work out of a database.

 You either need to hard-code the URL in the data, or make Interchange
interpolate it before displaying it. For security reasons, Interchange won't
interpolate anything coming out of a database, even if you pass
interpolate="1" to the [data] tag.

 I don't know if there's a general "interpolate this" tag in Interchange, but
interpolation of IC tags is a side-effect of the uc_attr_list tag. So one way
that might work:

[perl tables="products"]
	my $ref = $Db{products};

	my $data = $ref->query("SELECT your_column FROM products WHERE
your_criteria")->[0]->[0];

	return $Tag->uc_attr_list({}, $data);
[/perl]

Regards,