[ic] Re: Unrecognized character \x7F

Rene Hertell interchange-users at hertell.com
Tue Apr 13 17:47:47 EDT 2004

> >> Unrecognized character \x7FCompilation failed in require at
> >> /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/AutoLoader.pm line 92.
> >>  at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/Getopt/Long.pm line 142
> >> Compilation failed in require at Makefile.PL line 820.
> >> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 820.
> >> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> >> make: *** No rule to make target `test'.  Stop.
>
> I followed the readme files install steps exactly:
>
> gzip -dc interchange-5.0.1.tar.gz | tar xvf -
> cd interchange-5.0.1
> ./configure
>
> I copied and pasted them the first time.  The above error is
> generated when
> I run configure.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rodney

Did you install all required Perl-modules before running ./configure? If you
check the line 820 on Makefile.PL you'll find this: use Getopt::Long. Maybe
that module is missing or outdated? What I did on my ISP:s machine was that
I installed all Perl modules locally (one thing was to change the PERL5LIB
environment variable to eg. /home/myhome/mylocalperl). I don't remember
exactly what I did, but all required modules are installed into my own
home-directory.

René