[ic] FW: moving Interchange cart

New Media E.M.S. ic_users at newmediaems.com
Thu Apr 22 10:27:50 EDT 2004

At 09:53 AM 4/19/2004 -0500, you wrote:

> > > Can anyone give some insight on this?  Can we just backup the DB
>tables
> > > and restore them on our system and away we go?
> >
> > Do you want to copy a catalog or the complete Interchange setup ?
> > Which database type ?
>
>Just one catalog, one customer's site that runs on Interchange.
>
>I'll get the DB type, for right now all I know is it is version 4.9.6.
>I can install 4.x or 5.x for this customer.
>
>Thanks for your help.

Generally speaking, you'll want to export all database tables, then tar up
the entire catalog root tree (use the -p switch to preserve file
attributes) and copy it to the new location. Once there, un-tar, edit
variable.txt for any path or URL changes, add a Catalog directive for the
new catalog to interchange.cfg and fire it up. Also, don't forget the
images directory from the catalog from the http document root. Check the
images symlink in the catalog directory to ensure it is still valid for the
new location.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax