[ic] Strange Errors In Interchange Error Log

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Mon Apr 26 09:27:23 EDT 2004

Quoting Shawn (stuckinrealtime at aol.com):

> Anybody ever seen an error like this?
>
> - - - [25/April/2004:17:09:01 -0400] - - Runtime error: read:
> Interrupted system call at /home/psmerch/interchange/lib/Vend/Server.pm
> line 636.
>

> We just moved to a new server dual processor server running redhat 9.0
> and perl 5.8.3.

This is a signal interrupting a read, probably the socket read in
Server.pm (without your Server.pm version I can't tell what exactly).

On Perl 5.8.3 you should set PERL_SIGNALS=unsafe in the environment
before startup, i.e.

	export PERL_SIGNALS=unsafe
	interchange -r

You might also set in interchange.cfg:

	Variable MV_GETPPID_BROKEN 1

I think that might be useful with RedHat 9.0 unless you have a later
kernel.

--
Mike Heins

Some people have twenty years of experience, some people have
one year of experience twenty times over. -- Anonymous