[ic] Creating a Unique Search List

Adrian P Wilkinson junk at puffin.org
Wed Apr 28 10:59:13 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to create a drop-down list that contains the only unique values
stored in the 'vendor' field (in the products table) for use on the advanced
search form, etc.

[loop search="
    fi=products
    st=db
    ra=yes
    ml=100
    tf=vendor
    to=x
    "
    option=vendor]

    [on-match]<SELECT NAME=vendor>[/on-match]
    [list]
    <OPTION VALUE="[loop-code]">[loop-pos 1]
    [/list]
    [on-match]</SELECT>[/on-match]
    [no-match]<INPUT NAME=vendor VALUE="[value vendor]" SIZE=20>[/no-match]
[/loop]

The anticipated result is that it gives me a drop-down list in the form of:

    3Com
    Belkin
    Hewlett Packard
    Sony
    (etc)

The above effort is failing miserably - could someone point me in the right
direction?

Thanks!

Regards, Ade.