[ic] PostgreSQL AUTO_SEQUENCE

Grant emailgrant123b at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 14:11:20 EDT 2004

I set up MySQL with IC 5.0 very easily, but setting up
PostgreSQL on 5.2 has been more difficult.  The last
hump I need to get over is the AUTO_SEQUENCE
functionality for my order_items table.

Mike suggests the following:

Database order_items COLUMN_DEF "id=int default
nextval('order_items_sequence'::text)"

here:

http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2004-July/040109.html

and I've read the PostgreSQL CREATE SEQUENCE docs
here:

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/sql-createsequence.html

which caused me to try adding:

Database order_items CREATE_SEQUENCE
order_items_sequence START 2000

in addition to Mike's suggestion.  I also have:

Database order_items AUTO_SEQUENCE 1

in my catalog.cfg, but I can't seem to get IC to
AUTO_SEQUENCE properly.  I get errors like this in my
error.log:

//admin/flex_editor DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:
 Relation "1" does not exist at
/usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 942.

Does anyone have any tips for me?

- Grant