[ic] newbie

music at labyrinth.net.au music at labyrinth.net.au
Mon Aug 2 20:35:23 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "anirudh" <anirudh at spitze.co.nz>
To: <interchange-users at icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 3 August 2004 8:14
Subject: [ic] newbie

> Hi,
> I am a newbie in interchange and have installed 5.0.0 version with
> foundation template installed. Things which i wanted to do is modify
> template or create my own template and update it. Can anyone help me
> know where i can learn doing all this from admin module.anyhelp will be
> appreciated.

Easiest way to start might be by modifying foundation pages here:
/catalog/storename/pages/

or doing this from admin area click:
 - Content - Page Edit

Template files in Foundation look after Top, Left side, Right Side and
Footer of various pages.
These templates can be edited here:

/catalog/storename/templates/foundation/regions

or through the admin area click:
 - Content - Template Edit

Changes to template pages require a reconfig or 'Apply Changes' before they
will be used as they are stored in memory.

You may find it quicker to log into shell and use grep to find the pages and
code needed to make required changes directly to the pages.

Once you have modified a template to completion you can dump the modified
pages into /usr/local/interchange/foundation**eg**2 and then select your new
template from makecat when you next build a new store.

More info in docs: http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/documentation.html
Specifically: http://www.icdevgroup.org/interchange-doc-5.2.0/iccattut.html