[ic] PGSQL vs. MYSQL for IC

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Tue Aug 3 13:06:29 EDT 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Grant wrote:

> I did a fair amount of research comparing PostgreSQL and MySQL before I
> made the decision to use Postgres.  I already had MySQL set up and that
> was very easy, but Postres doesn't seem to be nearly as well supported
> in IC.  Is it fair to say that MySQL has and will have better overall
> support in IC than Postgres?  If so, I will switch back.

No, it's not fair to say that. PostgreSQL and MySQL are both supported
equally well in Interchange itself, and both are widely used by
Interchange developers on production systems. That's not to say no one
will ever have trouble with some minor Interchange feature using one or
the other database, but that's nothing to change databases over, either
way.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen