[ic] Too many new ID assignments for this address.

Joachim Leidinger jojo at leidinger.net
Tue Aug 17 05:33:51 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 11:16, J van Dijk 'BV Kunststoffenindustrie
Attema' wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> With a fine working website, we suddenly got an error with IE6 when
> looking at the website from our office:
>
> "no permission (403)"
>
> Mozilla was a bit more verbose:
>
> "Too many new ID assignments for this address. Please wait at least 24
> hours
> before trying again. Only waiting that period will allow access.
> Terminating."
>
> This started at Friday so nobody was at the office during the weekend,
> but this problem still persists.

Any running browser during the weekend? What is your logfile of your
webserver saying?

> The problem is that the our (office)  ip address is blocked.
> ( at least the rest of the world could see our website...).
>
> I've searched the archives but didn't find an answer.

Search for RobotLimit!

> Are too may refreshes on a page causing this error ?

See RobotLimit!

> Why is this mechanism used ?

A protection for bad robots.

> How can we avoid this problem ?

Check your IC codes.

> In an office like ours it's impossible to let everybody wait for 24
> hours (only during weekends)

Try out your session id and remove the session file. Check your codes in
your catalog.

Hope, that helps a little bit.

Joachim

Dipl. Phys.-Ing. Joachim Leidinger             joachim at leidinger.net