[ic] how to find weight for items in cart for shipping criteria

Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) ic_users at newmediaems.com
Tue Aug 17 12:17:40 EDT 2004

At 10:06 PM 8/16/2004, you wrote:

>hi,
>
>IC 5.2.0  - foundation based catalog
>
>I'm trying to add an offset to my shipping calculation. The reason to add
>the offset is to calcualte the weight for the shipping box. The reason to
>do this is because there are some items which ship for free and so have
>weight 0 and I don't want to add the offset to them. Here is the code I
>have in my shipping.asc
>
>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>USPSROLLED:     USPS Priority Mail
>        criteria        <<EOF
>[perl]
>         my $total = 0;
>         my $tmp_weight = 0;
>         foreach my $item (@$Items) {
>                 $tmp_weight =  $Tag->field('weight', $item->{code} );
>                 next unless $tmp_weight > 0;
>                 $total += $item->{quantity} * $tmp_weight ;
>         }
>         if ($total > 0) {
>           $total +=  1.0;
>         }
>         return $total;
>[/perl]
>EOF
>         min     0
>         max     0
>         cost    e Free Shipping!
>
>        min     0
>        max     5
>         cost    u
>         table   USPSPriority
>         geo     zip
>         default_geo     xxxxx
>         adder   1
>
>         min     5
>         max     9999999
>         cost    e Error!
>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>The issue here is that, I cannot access the weight for each individual
>item. It is not stored in the cart along with each item and trying to call
>[data] or [field] is throwing errors.
>
>/cgi-bin/xxx/admin/test_code.html Safe: no access for database products at
>/usr/local/interchange-5.2.0/lib/Vend/Data.pm line 1036.
>
>Any suggestions on how to get weight of each item in the code segment above ?
>
>Thx
>-Akash

It's possible that this may be a lot easier than the above - have you tried

USPSROLLED -> USPS Priority Mail -> weight -> 0 -> 0 -> e Nothing to ship!
-> -> { adder => '1' )
USPSROLLED -> USPS Priority Mail -> weight -> 0 -> 5 -> u USPSPriority
USPSROLLED -> USPS Priority Mail -> weight -> 5 -> 999999 -> e Error!

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          Ed.LaFrance at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax