[ic] shipping criteria question

rbragg redhat at rickbragg.net
Wed Aug 18 12:39:55 EDT 2004

Nathan Barnett wrote:
> I am looking to set up shipping so that it will use a flat rate when the
> total items in the cart are less than 7 and use weight based shipping
> when the items are more than 6.  For this I was thinking to set up each
> ship method with more than one criteria.
>
> This is what I was thinking but its not working. I was hoping that if
> the first didn't match it would go down to the next until a match was
> found.
>
> GNDRES: UPS Ground
>         criteria	quantity
> 	min	0
> 	max	0
> 	cost	e Nothing to ship!
>
> 	criteria	quantity
> 	min	0
> 	max	6
> 	cost	6
>
> 	criteria	weight
> 	min	7
> 	max	150
> 	cost	u
> 	table	Ground
> 	zone	rates/457
> 	geo	zip
> 	default_geo	45701
>
> 	criteria	weight
> 	min	150
> 	max	9999
> 	cost	e @@TOTAL@@ lbs is to heavy for UPS
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> -nate-

Hi,

the "criteria weight, min 7" means that an item must "weigh" 7 or more
pounds. I think you need to put an if statement in your checkout page to
test how many items in the cart, then if < 7, use the quantity method,
and if > 7, use a weight based method. Also the min's should probably be
1 for these methods.

Rick