[ic] price tag no longer works with quantity arg.

rbragg redhat at rickbragg.net
Wed Aug 18 19:47:49 EDT 2004

Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) wrote:
> At 09:16 AM 8/18/2004, you wrote:
>

>> Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) wrote:

>>> What does your CommonAdjust string look like? Be sure to check
>>> etc/after.cfg as well as catalog.cfg. And are you certain you have
>>> proper entries for the item in question in your pricing table?
>>> - Ed
>>>
>>> ===============================================================
>>> New Media E.M.S.              Technology Solutions for Business
>>> 11630 Fair Oaks Blvd., #250   eCommerce | Consulting | Hosting
>>> Fair Oaks, CA  95628          Ed.LaFrance at newmediaems.com
>>> (916) 961-0446                http://www.newmediaems.com
>>> (866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax
>>> ===============================================================
>>

>> Thanks Ed!
>>
>> I think that these are OK, Like a said the q pricing DOES work if I
>> order. I'm just trying to SHOW these prices to people before they put
>> anything in their cart.
>>
>> Sorry for posting this, it's a bit long but I am really in need of help!
>

> I noticed that when I added an item to the cart at a quantity which
> warrants a break, all the items on the results page get their price
> displays adjusted to the price for that quantity.
>
> This is most likely an issue of interpolation order - looping tags (like
> [PREFIX-foo]) get precedence over stand-alone tags like [price]. Why
> don't you try using:
>
>         [item-price N]
>
> in your search results list, replacing N with the pricebreak threshold
> value (5 or 30), instead of [price ...] and see how that works for you.
>
> - Ed

> New Media E.M.S.              Technology Solutions for Business
> 11630 Fair Oaks Blvd., #250   eCommerce | Consulting | Hosting
> Fair Oaks, CA  95628          Ed.LaFrance at newmediaems.com
> (916) 961-0446                http://www.newmediaems.com
> (866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax

Hi Ed,

Thanks again for the suggestions! I really apreciate the help!! I am
still having no luck. Same results. All the prices still reflect only
what is in the cart.

arrrrgg!! I have been going at this one for a while!

Where should I look next?

I am using this in the templates/components/results_buylist file from
interchange 5.0 and I made a search profile.

Rick