[ic] Re: interchange-users Digest, Vol 14, Issue 20

Martin Abell abellmt at spsp.net
Fri Aug 20 12:30:54 EDT 2004

On Aug 20, 2004, at 12:00 PM, Marty Tennison <marty at sediva.com> wrote:

> Does anyone use Skipjack anymore?
>
> One of the reasons I'm asking is because the skipjack sales team seams
> to have fallen off the face of the earth and cannot be reached by email
> or phone.  So I'm a little concerned that there may be a shakeup going
> on there.

I have one customer/merchant who uses SkipJack.  (Perusion, where Mike
Heins consults, also uses Skipjack.)

It works.  However, it did not work well for a number of hours last
week when they had a denial of service attack.  Supposedly, they had
the FBI involved and have reconfigured things.  All seems to work
again.

Don't know that that incident explains the unavailability of sales
staff; I've not found them to be all that responsive.  (The tech people
are much better.)  They seem to focus on the bigger customers.  Signing
up additional customers never got too far, most ended up at
AuthorizeNet.

So, not a ringing endorsement from here.  But then I think the whole
system is overly complicated, each setup involving too many parties,
each not knowing what the other's doing.

Martin Abell
SpeedSpan.