[ic] Watermarking product pictures

Gabriel Millerd gmillerd at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 15:58:17 EDT 2004

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:33:16 +0200, Patrick Donker
<list-account at webpagina.nu> wrote:

> I'm wondering if there is a tag that can be (ab)used to watermark the
> pictures of the products we carry. What I'd like to do is overlay the
> pictures with our shop name. I could of course do this manually, but
> since IC is apparently capable of doing just about everything for me,
> why not do this as well through some tag ;)
> Any help is most appreciated.

* write an apache module that instead of /images/ is the location
/water/images/.
* use im/gd to write the water mark, save it in some sort of cache.
* check to make sure /images/ isnt newer than the cache so old images
are not used.
* IPTC information could be written to add some sort of 'copyright' as
well during this process.

if this is something various people want i could do this pretty easily
for you all.