[ic] SSL CA

rbragg redhat at rickbragg.net
Tue Aug 24 00:07:18 EDT 2004

Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:

> rbragg wrote:
>
>> Hello list;
>>
>> Excuse me if this is a bit off topic, but has anybody used this CA?
>>
>> http://instantssl.com/
>>
>> Are these certs the same, and as trusted as thawte or verisign? (real,
>> not chained) Are they a trusted company? I am trying to get away from
>> the increasing rates of thawte. I have abandoned verisign long ago! I
>> just want to make sure that they offer as good security and trust. And
>> if they will work as good replacements.
>>
> They are chained...
>
> Barry

Thanks Barry,

This is important info! I am not interested in chained certs. Sometimes
it is hard to do all the research right away! Also I was wondering what
the deal was with their "Warranties"?!? This seems to lurk in the shade;
Seems to me like you are signing rights away rather than truly
"trusting" them to present your to your clients!

--
Rick