[ic] Watermarking product pictures

Jonathan Clark jonc at webmaint.com
Tue Aug 24 18:12:42 EDT 2004

> source of

> >>No, it doesn't watermark -- the code snippet that was posted to the list
> >>only did dynamic resizing, and that's what the image tag does as well.
> >>
> >>But it's true, a watermark option would be handy.
> >>
> >>Jon
> >

> > Look this

http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-December/029601.h
tml

>  * Takes an image. (file or blob)
>
>   * Generates an image of specified width, height, or both (maintaining
> aspect ratio).
>
>   * Allows a logo to be placed over this image (again file or blob) for
> branding.
>
>   * If you want, it generates a thumbnail (without logo) of defined width,
> or height, or both (maintaining aspect ratio again).
>
>   * Allows a border of specified color and width to be put around both the
> image and/or the thumb.
>
>   * Allows specification of output file type, according to the filename

Wow! I wrote that a long time ago.

I have just put the demo page back up, and also put the tag somewhere useful
as it seems to be mangled in the archive. The demo and tag are linked to
from here:

http://www.webmaint.com/interchange/

Have fun!

For interest, the tag was created for a client to ease creation of ebay
listings through interchange, but has been useful since. We are using this
tag on the Concert Trade site here: www.concerttrade.com to stop people from
creating classified listings with stupidly large images which messed up the
page formatting.

Jonathan.

--
Jonathan Clark