[ic] IC server unavailable - ?perhaps permission problems?

Grant Listhandle lists at gwhufford.com
Mon Aug 30 16:50:13 EDT 2004

>> ---begin---
>> Could not open error file '/usr/lib/interchange/error.log':
>> Permission denied
>> to report this error:
>> - - - [30/August/2004:10:26:42 -0500]  -  - Low traffic settings.
>> ---end---

> What are the ownership and permissions on that directory, and what user is
> IC running as? You could touch the error.log file and see how much more
> progress is then made when you restart IC.
>
> DB

/usr/lib/interchange/ was rwxr-xr-x root adm
./error.log was 777 root root (weird, i think...but maybe i did that)
/var/log/interchange/ was 700 nobody nogroup

I touched the error.log and played the chmod and chown fiddle for a few
minutes..and viola! problem solved.

Thanks, DB, for getting me rolling again.  It feels great to see the
foundation store come up for the first time, as mine just did.

-Grant