[ic] Changing for Tab-delimited to MySQL database

Carsten Jahnke carstenjahnke at web.de
Tue Aug 31 06:09:56 EDT 2004

hi,

create an appropriate file for each mysql-table in
<catroot>/dbconf/mysql/<tablename>.mysql with a content like the
following to describe the structure of that table:

Database  cms_element  ptc_element.txt __SQLDSN__

ifdef MYSQL_TRANSACTIONS
Database  cms_element  HAS_TRANSACTIONS  1
Database  cms_element  TABLE_TYPE   InnoDB
endif

Database  cms_element  COLUMN_DEF  "element_id=BIGINT(10) NOT NULL
AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY"
Database  cms_element  COLUMN_DEF  "name=VARCHAR(64) DEFAULT NULL"

then you have to tell IC that it should use mysql for that catalog. I
think it was

ifndef SQLDSN
Variable  SQLDSN  dbi:mysql:<DATABASENAME>
endif

in <catroot>/catalog.cfg

restart IC then...

according to this and your other questions:
check out http://www.icdevgroup.org/interchange-doc-5.2.0/index.html ;-)

greetings
\cj